Monday, 22 September 2014

Self-made post stamps


Finally I had some time this week and I could experiment with an idea that had been in my head for a while. No doubt I saw this once somewhere on Pinterest or Instragram, or something, but I liked trying this myself. It's actually pretty simple, but it's easier if you have a figure scissors or something.

This is what you need:
  • white heavy paper
  • nice pattern paper or wrapping paper (but pictures from a magazines will do fine as well)
  • glue
  • figure scissors
  • if you want a cutting mat and knife



First I did cut strips of pattern paper and you can decise for yourself what size you want. I did use two sizes: 4x3 cm and 3x2,5 cm.

Then paste the pattern paper-rectangles on the white paper, make sure you leave enough space on all sides, so you can easily cut around it later.


Then cut around the pattern paper with figure scissors, creating a jagged white border around the patterns.


It will then look something like this:



If you like it, you can also decorate the stamps with numbers / letters, small little stickers or other small plates.


No comments:

Post a Comment