Monday, 2 September 2013

SNAILMAIL CABINET

So this is more inspiration than a tutorial, but I thought I'd be fun to share it. I had the idea to create a sort of cabinet. First I wanted to do drawers, but thankfully I realized it would be WAY too complicated, so I let that go.

For this snailmail I used an old (A5) mailbox-box, from which I cut the front loose to create a door.

The 'slats' that create the sections are taped in with wide tape. They have the width of the box so I could slide them in and same height so they wouldn't stick out. I worked from large to small.




Next I secured them in the box, so they couldn't slide back and forth.



After that I just went nuts with tape, stickers and stamps.
The bottom (large) section is for the letter and the rest for goodies.





4 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea! I love it!!

    Mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I would love to make one, but i'm a little confused, does the tray(s)...is there 1 or 2? slide or lift out? Does the box top flip open or do you take it off to access the drawers? Or does it stay on? Sorry, for some reason the pic doesn't make sense......but its so wonderfully adorable (like everything on this page) I HAVE to make one! Oh yes, what size is the box approximately? In US measurements? :) Or well , darn it, could you make a tute? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly, unfortunately I don't have the time to make a tutorial, but to answer your questions: There are 4 pieces of cardboard I slid into the 'cabinet'. The box opens like a book, it's still attached on the left. The box is A5 (about 4.1 x 5.8"). Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  3. Sorry for not replying earlier, thank you so much.....!

    ReplyDelete